Oral health refers to the health of your mouth, including your teeth, gums, jaw and bacteria.
Excellent oral health is necessary for total body wellness to be achieved – it is impossible to have a healthy body without a healthy mouth. Currently, there are over 50 diseases related to oral health.
Gum disease occurs when harmful bacteria take up residence on and around the teeth. It can lead to eventual tooth loss, preventing you from enjoying a healthy diet. Bacteria that cause gum disease can also contribute to heart disease and other body ailments. More than 75% of Americans have some form of gum disease. If you have active gum disease, our irst priority will be to develop a plan to stabilize it.
• When looking at your teeth, do you notice any gum recession? If so, how much do you have?
• Do your gums ever bleed while brushing and lossing?
• Did you know you have “pockets” around the teeth that can be measured?
• Have you had a saliva test for harmful mouth bacteria?
• Are you aware that bacteria around your teeth can be harmful to your overall health?