The cosmetic dentistry treatments we offer are completely state-of-the-art. Palo Alto Cosmetic Dentists Dr. Hansen & Dr. Jurash use superior dental materials to ensure the work we do lasts many years. If you are considering changing your smile with one of our aesthetic options, keep in mind that cosmetic dentistry can actually help you improve your bite and strengthen teeth while giving you the confident smile you have always dreamed of.
Porcelain Veneers Palo Alto
• Porcelain Veneers are thin porcelain shells of ceramic that bond directly to the front and top surfaces of the teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility. With veneers as an alternative, there is no reason to put up with gaps between your teeth, teeth that are stained, badly shaped, or crooked. A veneer placed on top of your teeth can correct these maladies, simply and quickly and help you achieve a beautiful smile!
Teeth Whitening Palo Alto
• Our Palo Alto Dental Practice offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry including professional teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is the #1 requested and performed cosmetic dental procedure. Teeth whitening (sometimes called teeth bleaching) is a procedure that brightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. People with good dental health may also use a kit to whiten teeth at home.
Palo Alto Implant Dentists Dr. Christine Hansen &
Dr. Roberta Jurash’s
Missing teeth are perhaps the most obvious and challenging obstacle to a beautiful smile. If you have one or more missing teeth, Palo Alto Dentists Dr. Hansen & Dr. Jurash can show you how dental implants can solve your problem permanently. For tooth replacement, there simply is no solution that is more durable or more lifelike than a custom-designed dental implant.
If you have dealt with a missing tooth for years, you may be wondering why it is so important to fill that space now. When considering a tooth replacement solution, keep in mind that dental implants are the only comprehensive solution since they address both the visible missing tooth and the missing tooth root under the gum. The presence of a replacement tooth root not only anchors the new tooth in place, it also protects against bone loss since it is seated into the jaw bone. And the sooner you replace a missing tooth, the less likely your natural teeth are to shift out of place and create an unhealthy bite.
Time can certainly take a toll on your teeth – no matter how well you take care of them!
Restorative dentistry serves to restore teeth that may have been damaged through common oral health problems or more serious dental issues. Tooth decay, wear, and damage are a natural result from the intense workout and bacterial influx our mouths get every day. As Cosmetic Dentists, Palo Alto Dentists Drs Hansen & Jurash can restore your damaged teeth with natural-looking materials, like composite resin fillings and porcelain crowns, inlays, onlays, grafting and implants. This means that you can retain an all-white smile. The benefit of restorative dentistry is that many of the procedures overlap with cosmetic dentistry procedures allowing for modern restorations that are designed to improve the look and feel of your smile and enhance your overall appearance. Often time’s restorative dental procedures are a result of a patient who either has overlooked the necessity of routine dental care or has a dental problem that was not visible by the naked eye. This is why we recommend visiting our Palo Alto Dental Office every six months to check for signs of tooth decay, gum disease or other dental health issues that may be prevented before they become costly or more serious. Below is a list of the common restorative dentistry procedures that we provide to help you with issues that may affect your teeth, gums or smile.
Dental Crowns Palo Alto
• Palo Alto Dentists Dr. Hansen & Dr. Jurash offer dental crown restorations for patients who have teeth that need more protection and reinforcement than a filling can provide. Think of a dental crown as a way to protect a badly damaged tooth, a kind of armor for weakened enamel.
Dental Bridge Palo Alto
• A dental bridge is used when a missing tooth must be replaced as a missing tooth can cause a variety of problems and affect the appearance of your smile.
Dental Cosmetic Bonding
• The application of a tooth-colored resin material to improve the appearance of discolored or chipped teeth, to close the gaps between teeth, to change the shape of a tooth, or to make a tooth look longer. Tooth bonding is performed by using adhesives and a high intensity curing light. Another use for dental bonding is as a substitute for amalgam fillings and to protect a portion of a tooth that has exposed nerves or exposed root from receding gums.
Tooth-Colored Fillings Palo Alto
• A silicon dioxide-filled, tooth-colored plastic mixture, composite resins can restore teeth to an attractive, healthy state. Composite resins represent several advantages over traditional silver, or amalgam, dental fillings.
Invisalign® is a series of clear, removable teeth aligners that your Palo Alto Dentists use as an alternative to traditional metal dental braces.
Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements that your Palo Alto Dentists plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.