COVID-19 Dental Protocols
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces. We ask that you remain in the comfort of your car. Text us at (516) 806-4661 upon your arrival. Our team will then contact and give you instructions to come into the breezeway when appropriate.
In the breezeway, we will provide you with a new mask to put on, then ask that you sanitize your hands. One of our team will then take your temperature and pulse oximetry prior to entering the office. If you have a temperature above 100 or your pulse ox is below 92, we will not be able to see you. We will then refer you to your physician for an evaluation.
2. Seating areas will maintain social distancing in the reception area.
3. Removal of magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
4. Providing more educational materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. Installed sneeze guards at all reception areas.
6. An antiseptic oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist. Temperatures will be taken of every team member prior to beginning their workday.
7. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
8. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
9. Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration continuously throughout the office to remove germs from circulating air.
10 Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
11. New personal protection equipment like face shields, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
12. New protocols and equipment to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
13. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
14. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
15. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and our team to complete all appointment tasks and duties most safely and comprehensively.
16. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.